Under the sea, under the sea! Darling its better, down where it’s wetter, take it from me!
How about some little Mermaid to break up your day? How about a little fish in your lunch?
I know it’s kind of chintzy but I am huge fan of canned tuna. To be honest canned tuna really gets a bad rap for what it’s worth. Steven hates it, claiming he can taste the mercury, so I really don’t get around to making it often because I know it will be just me eating it. But every time I do I am pleasantly surprised.
So today after my morning run with my friend, I made this little seafood delight to bring with me to work for lunch. (PS. We completed a 10k together this morning! The weather was a bit humid but we really enjoyed the run!)
Like I said, this tasty little fish really gets a bad rap coming from a can, and I’ll admit, I’d rather be eating ahi tuna, but the can isn’t a bad alternative. The small, dollar-fifty can is loaded with protein and low in carbs. Plus it’s a natural source of potassium, omega-3 fatty acids, and B vitamins.
Here’s my tuna recipe:
– 1 can of tuna, rinsed and drained
– Season with Salt, pepper, thyme, red pepper flakes
– Stir in 1 tbsp. EVOO, 1 tsp. rice vinegar
– Brown mustard and mayo if desired. I normally just do about a tbsp. of brown mustard, but to be honest with the seasoning it’s not even needed.
– I also like to make my own relish with finely chopped onion, cucumber, celery, and garlic, whatever I have in the fridge. Today I just used onion.
Then the spinach, and top with avocado. Add more seasoning and olive oil. I really love salt on avocado. Let cool in the fridge until lunch time, stir, and enjoy!
This makes for a yummy, healthy, and decently inexpensive lunch. I had a few crackers on the side as well, and then finished with some grapes so my mouth didn’t taste like fish all day.
Yeah we in luck here, down in the muck here, under the sea!!
What is your favorite Disney song?
Under the sea from the Little Mermaid is definitely one of my favorites, it’s just so much fun! And I bet it’s stuck in your head now! ;)