This week has been filled with stress, anxiety, impatience, and regret. I hate it. I despise feeling that way. But this post is not meant to mope about that, because that is not the intention of this blog. Princess and the Jog is designed to be a positive place; and for my few loyal readers, I know that you come here because of the positivity that I try to keep flowing. However, this week I am not feeling the positive vibe. Sure, I have a cruise at the end of this month to look forward to. But outside of that I have a lot on my plate this month. So what is a girl to do? In an effort to realign my outlook, I am going to list out, in no specific order, a few blessings that I feel especially thankful for this week.
Count your Blessings!
- I am especially thankful today for my momma. I am blessed in that this weekend I will get to spend time with both her and my grandma for Mothers Day!! (which reminds me, after I type this I need to decide what I’m cooking for them – any ideas?)
- I am thankful that my mom taught me to always hold my head up and stay positive.
- I am thankful for Brady, who enjoys sitting in my lap as I type out my blog posts. It makes it somewhat uncomfortable to type, but she loves me, and puts a smile on my face each day.
- I am blessed to be employed in this economy – I am so thankful to make a living that is sufficient to meet my needs.
- I am blessed for the opportunity to volunteer and get more involved in planning and leadership in my Church as we grow and share God’s amazing love in Central Florida. (Again, more about this as I learn more, but I am really excited for this!!)
- I am blessed with a boyfriend who not only loves cooking, but is pretty darn good at it! He made a huge pot of my favorite chicken soup this week.
- I am thankful for my body that endured a lengthy run this week. A lengthy run, that my mind SO needed in order to clear itself.
Sorry blurry pictures, Sarina and I vow work on our picture taking-while running abilities.
- I am thankful for a good friend to share that long run with. We did 7.5 miles total – including warm up and cool down.
- I am so glad that I am finally becoming the strong runner that I have wanted to be for so long! Some hard work on the trail is going a long way, and my body and mind can finally handle running past 5 miles and not keeling over! That half marathon is coming up at the end of this year, and I will be more than prepared when it gets here!
- I am thankful for coffee to keep me energized when my stress levels are making me just want to lay in bed!
- I am SO thankful for YOU, dedicated readers! Over the past few months, since starting this blog, I have recognized how much I love and I much missed writing. This blog allows me that creative outlet of writing, and it also allows me to speak out and share about some of my favorite things: food and running!
It should come as no surprise that that actually helped quite a bit (otherwise, I probably would have given up and you wouldn’t be reading this!) Feeling much more motivated and positive now! I know it seems random, but we should honestly list out our blessings more often – not just in November, and recognize how great we have it! The woman that originally inspired me to reflect on my blessings on a regular basis is actually Oprah, who swears by writing out 3 things a day that she is thankful for. (I have learned so much from watching Oprah and reading her magazines!)
Now its your turn!
Really though, gratitude can go a long way in lifting up your spirits, so give it a try! What is something you are thankful for today? Comment below, I’d love to hear from you!