Hi everyone!! I am so humbled to accept the Shine On Award from Falyn over at Slacker Runner! I love the blogging community, and this award to me represents another way we can connect with each other and meet new blog friends! The rules to the Shine On Award are as follows:
1. Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Acknowledge that blogger on your blog, and link back.
3. Share seven random, interesting things about yourself.
4. Nominate up to 15 bloggers for the Shine On Award, provide a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs
5. Copy and paste the award somewhere on your blog
Now lets get this party started!! Here are 7 fun facts about the princess behind princessandthejog:
- I don’t write with the right hand, I write with the correct hand ;)
- I didn’t start running until a few years ago. I have however always been active and my health has always been very important to me. Before I learned to love running, I danced and was on the Color Guard team in High School.
- I could eat ice cream every. damn. night. I have a massive sweet tooth, and I don’t even try to deny or suppress it most days. My belief is that if you give yourself the space to give into those cravings a little bit, they are manageable. When I deprive myself of ice cream or chocolate for several days, I tend to go overboard when I finally give up and head for a ‘gotta have it’ at Cold Stone!!
- I am comfortable and find joy being by myself most of the time. I am super independent. However, I do love people and I love being around people. You could say I am an introvert, who needs alone time, but still loves to socialize!
- I don’t drink soda more than a couple of times a year! When that craving comes around, my choice is an ice cold Cherry Coke! I think it is one of the most unhealthy liquids you can put in your body, and it was so simple for me to just switch to water. I know a lot of people including my own dad couldn’t give it up completely – but I think just cutting back is great too!
- I do however drink coffee, all day long and I will always prefer Dunkin Donuts over Starbucks.
- I am so happy fall-time is here!! Autumn is my most favorite season. I love the cooler weather, the smells that go along with it, football, pumpkins, boots, hot chocolate, and bonfires! And I love that running in cooler weather seems so much more enjoyable than it already is!
That was challenging, now here are my nominations of bloggers for the Shine On Award:
Operation 13 point 1 – a great running friend of mine, she shares her challenges as she trains for her first half marathon, along with being a passionate wife and mother.
RunNerd – Lots of good information about running, wrapped into cute posts
The Insanity of 26.2 – another great running blog
Running Around – and another runner’s stories
The Running Therapist – great for motivational stuff
Olive to Run – (Can you tell I like to read about running?!)
Brooklyn and the Mundo – a blog about being mentally healthy, making choices, and crossing life’s bridges as they come.
Kasey knows Orlando – not related to health and fitness, although she enjoys running, too!! Her blog focuses on her knowledge of theme parks and other fun things to do. Great find if you are looking for something different!
I tried to pick people who I don’t think have already had the award; if you have, I apologize and you should pick 7 more fun things (lol just kidding)! I also picked based on blogs that are new and that I find fun and interesting to read! I need to seriously start reading more blogs!!
Thanks again Falyn!! Hope everyone has a great day – be sure and check out some of these great blogs if you have any free time!